Ethridge Family

Living life in stunningly beautiful North Idaho.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Transformed through Christ Jesus

"If we have been transformed (through Christ) then our lives should be noticeably and compellingly different from the norm." George Barna

How is your life noticeably and compellingly different? I'm not talking about those who distinguish themselves by women always wearing dresses, or never cutting their hair, or never wearing makeup. I'm also not talking about those who live in clusters or compounds and do not interact with their unbelieving neighbors or communities.

How are you different? How am I different? In every way do I share Christ's live with others - through my actions (while I'm driving, while I'm shopping, while I'm working, while I'm playing?) through my words (am I gracious, am I compassionate, am I loving?) through my thoughts (do I reflect on Him, do I seek to know Him?)

Are you compelling? Am I compelling? Do people want to know why you(I) are(am) different? Are they inspired to know why? Do they seek you(me) out to know the difference? If not, why not?

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
Revelation 3:20-21

Photo credit: (self), one of many gorgeous views across the prairie I am able to enjoy daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home